- Plays during the week:
- Monday: 6.5 (Men)
- Tuesday: 5.5 & 7.5
- Thursday: 6.5 (Women) & 8.5
- Matches start December 2
- Cost: $5 for captains (until November 20), $27 for players
- Players can signup November 21
- Captain's meeting at 6pm on Tuesday, November 25 at the Rome Tennis Center
Rome Tennis Management Group (RTM), with help from the USTA, is starting a county wide after school program to help kids learn tennis. RTM needs people to work in the schools teaching tennis. There are paid and volunteer positions available. Here are the critera for the positions:
- Should enjoy interacting with kids
- Tennis background preferred
- Must pass background check
- Lasts 6 weeks between Monday January 26 and Friday, March 6
- Minimum 1 time per week, maximum 5 times per week
Time of the day: starting not before 3:30pm finishing no later than 5:15 pm. Generally about 1:15 minutes per session.
The position pays if leading the program in a school. If not leading the team, they are looking for volunteers to help the team leader. They will provide training to all participants.
The new NTRP ratings have been published by USTA Georgia. All CVTA leagues will now use these ratings.
The CVTA has created a player search website to access the latest ratings for local CVTA players.
The ratings are also available on USTA Georgia's website, but only for those whose rating has changed.
Lawrence Plantation has named Jaleel Riaz as their Tennis Director. Jaleel is well known in Rome for teaching lessons out of Etowah Park. He brings a rich, international tennis pedegree to Lawrence Plantation:
- Four year All American in college
- Coached at Berry College, Shorter University and the University West Georgia
- Former Director of Tennis at Coosa Country Club and Horseleg Creek Country Club
- Coach of Pakistan's Davis Cup team
- Has taught adults and juniors for 40 years
- American Amature in mixed doubles
Jaleel will be announcing upcoming programs in the coming weeks.
Coosa Country Club's Coosa International Tennis Academy has begun accepting students for their fall session which runs from August 11th to November 26.
The cost is $25 for drop-ins or $250/month if paid upfront. The cost for August will be pro-rated.
Sessions run Monday through Thursday from 5:30 to 7pm.