The Rome Tennis Academy is offering Tennis 102 classes starting at 7pm on Wednesday, May 27th at the Rome Tennis Center. This program offeres a followup to those who took Tennis 101 or have played tennis before.
For only $50 you receive 5 weeks of one hour group lessons with a certified tennis professional
The Foundation Camp is looking for volunteers to assist with their summer camp from June 1st to June 5th. The times are between 9:30 and 11:45. The camp offers many activities for campers, among them, tennis. If you are available, this would be time well spent.
The Coosa Valley Tennis Association is now accepting team registrations for the USTA 18 & over mixed summer league.
- 7.0 & 9.0 on Tuesday
- 6.0 & 8.0 on Thursday
- Where: Rome Tennis Center and Etowah and Alto if needed
- Cost: $5 for captains, $27 for players
- Players can signup May 21th
- Matches start June 2nd
The mixed summer schedule has been published. We've enhanced the online schedules by providing a 'team only' schedule allowing you to only see your team's matches. Just click on your team to view your schedule.
The CVTA has published it's yearly review of all known local tennis camps. This is a great resource for parents looking for activities for their kids. There are camps for every age range, starting at 3 years old and every skill level. There are even overnight camps and ones that offer daily sessions.
The designs for the Tennis Center of Georgia were revealed on May 4th. There will be 51 courts, all lighted and with covered seats. Twelve courts will have junior court lines allowing play by juniors requiring smaller courts. The club house will be approx 4000 square feet. Expansion is also available allowing for the addition of 6 covered courts. Groundbreaking is scheduled for June 32rd, 2015 and completion is projected for June, 2016. For more information and to view pictures of the layout, visit the Rome Convention & Visitor's Bureau website.
North Georgia Distributing Co is generously sponsoring a Redd's, Lite and Blue league. This non-USTA league starts on April 21st and replaces the Go-Go League from last year. For those 21 & over, complimentary adult beverages will be served.
Matches will be played at the Rome Tennis Center.
- Tuesdays: 6.0 & 8.0
- Thursdays: 7.0 & 9.0
- All matches start at 6:30pm
- Where:Rome Tennis Center
- Matches start April 21st
- Cost: $15
- Age: 16 & older to play, 21 & older to drink.
- Format: 2 mixed doubles matches followed by 2 gender matches (1 men, 1 women). Players can play in both matches.
- Each team must have 4 players minimum: 2 men, 2 women. At least 6 players is recommended
- Each match is an 8 game pro set. 7 point tiebreaker is played at 7-7 (not 8-8).
- Players NTRP ratings cannot exceed flight. i.e. If playing 6.0, a 3.5 player cannot play with a 3.0 player.
- You don't need an active USTA membership to play and play does not affect your rating.
- Players can be under 18.
- You can swap players out during matches (like tag team wrestling).
The CVTA USTA Junior Team Tennis summer season will begin accepting player registrations on Friday, May 15th.
- Age Divisions:
- 8 & under beginner
- 10 & under beginner, intermediate and advanced
- 12 & under beginner, intermediate and advanced
- 14 & under beginner, intermediate and advanced
- 18 & under beginner, intermediate and advanced
- Play will be on Fridays @ 10am
- Location: Rome Tennis Center
- Cost: $15
- Team registration opens May 15th and closes June 1st
- Match dates are June 19, 26, July 10, 24 & 31
- Teams consist of 3 boys and 3 girls
- A USTA membership is required*
* While a USTA membship is required, the USTA offers a free one year membship to children 10 & under
Spring league schedules have been published. We've greatly enhanced the online schedules by providing a 'team only' schedule allowing you to only see your team's matches. Just click on your team to view your team's schedule.
The Rome Tennis Academy has announced their 2015 Adult Tennis program. This includes pre-paid packages and numerous weekday and weekend drills, including 'Cardio Tennis' and 'Stroke for the Week'.
Lawrence Plantation will begin offering drills for juniors 10 & under on Thursdays from 4:00-5:00pm, beginning March 5. LP has three covered courts, so drills will be held rain or shine.
First drill is free of charge.
18 & under junior drills will continue to be conducted Mondays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm.
Contact Jaleel at 706-506-7506 for more information.
The Georgia chapter of the United State Tennis Association, awarded the Rome Sports Commission, Coosa Valley Tennis Association and David Araiza, the tournament director, the Wheelchair Tournament of the Year Award for the Clocktower Classic in downtown Rome.
This was a huge event for Rome and saw some of the best wheelchair players in the nation. Due to the success of the inaugural tournament, the second is already being planned for August 7-9, 2015, in downtown Rome.
The Coosa Valley Tennis Association is offering a long sleve t-shirt, and zippered hoodie, both perfect for playing in the nippy winter air. Our great looking logo can now be donned by anyone with a few dollars to spare!
Features the CVTA clocktower logo on the front and the Play Tennis Rome logo on the back.
- $15 for t-shirt
- $25 for hoodie
Lawrence Plantation is offering junior drills for members and non-members on Monday and Thursdays from 5-6:30pm.
On weekends, they offer a Social Board round robin. Free for members and $5 for non-members. It's a unique opportunity to play a lot of tennis with a wide range of players. The Social Board plays rain or shine since Lawrence Plantation has indoor courts.
Contact Jaleel at 706-506-7506 for more information.
Lawrence Plantation has named Jaleel Riaz as their Tennis Director. Jaleel is well known in Rome for teaching lessons out of Etowah Park. He brings a rich, international tennis pedegree to Lawrence Plantation:
- Four year All American in college
- Coached at Berry College, Shorter University and the University West Georgia
- Former Director of Tennis at Coosa Country Club and Horseleg Creek Country Club
- Coach of Pakistan's Davis Cup team
- Has taught adults and juniors for 40 years
- American Amature in mixed doubles
Jaleel will be announcing upcoming programs in the coming weeks.
Coosa Country Club's Coosa International Tennis Academy has begun accepting students for their fall session which runs from August 11th to November 26.
The cost is $25 for drop-ins or $250/month if paid upfront. The cost for August will be pro-rated.
Sessions run Monday through Thursday from 5:30 to 7pm.