The Rome-Floyd Parks & Recreation Authority and Coosa Valley Tennis Association's second mixer of 2015 is scheduled for May 15th. Come join the fun and enjoy an adult beverage and food right off the grill. All skill levels are encouraged to come out.
- Location: Rome Floyd Tennis Center
- Date: Friday, May 15th
- Time: 6:30pm until closing
- Cost: $5 (Captains from 2015 are FREE)
- All tennis abilities are welcome!
- Sponsored by:
The CVTA is offering Tennis 101 classes starting at 7pm on Wednesday, May 20th. This program provides adults everything they need to start playing tennis in a friendly environment for only $50, including:
- 6 weeks of one hour group lessons with a certified tennis professional ($72)
- A free tennis racket (~$30)
- A one year USTA membership ($44)
- A free mini-league after completion of group lessons
- A one time USTA league entry fee ($27)
Priced separately, these would cost well over $150. The CVTA, USTA and tennis pros at the Rome Tennis Center all contribute to make this an affordable program.
After the 6 weeks of lessons the players will be ready to compete in many of the tennis leagues the CVTA offers. Many of the league tennis players in Rome started with this excellent program.
North Georgia Distributing Co is generously sponsoring a Redd's, Lite and Blue league. This non-USTA league starts on April 21st and replaces the Go-Go League from last year. For those 21 & over, complimentary adult beverages will be served.
Matches will be played at the Rome Tennis Center.
- Tuesdays: 6.0 & 8.0
- Thursdays: 7.0 & 9.0
- All matches start at 6:30pm
- Where:Rome Tennis Center
- Matches start April 21st
- Cost: $15
- Age: 16 & older to play, 21 & older to drink.
- Format: 2 mixed doubles matches followed by 2 gender matches (1 men, 1 women). Players can play in both matches.
- Each team must have 4 players minimum: 2 men, 2 women. At least 6 players is recommended
- Each match is an 8 game pro set. 7 point tiebreaker is played at 7-7 (not 8-8).
- Players NTRP ratings cannot exceed flight. i.e. If playing 6.0, a 3.5 player cannot play with a 3.0 player.
- You don't need an active USTA membership to play and play does not affect your rating.
- Players can be under 18.
- You can swap players out during matches (like tag team wrestling).
The CVTA USTA Junior Team Tennis summer season will begin accepting player registrations on Friday, May 15th.
- Age Divisions:
- 8 & under beginner
- 10 & under beginner, intermediate and advanced
- 12 & under beginner, intermediate and advanced
- 14 & under beginner, intermediate and advanced
- 18 & under beginner, intermediate and advanced
- Play will be on Fridays @ 10am
- Location: Rome Tennis Center
- Cost: $15
- Team registration opens May 15th and closes June 1st
- Match dates are June 19, 26, July 10, 24 & 31
- Teams consist of 3 boys and 3 girls
- A USTA membership is required*
* While a USTA membship is required, the USTA offers a free one year membship to children 10 & under
Spring league schedules have been published. We've greatly enhanced the online schedules by providing a 'team only' schedule allowing you to only see your team's matches. Just click on your team to view your team's schedule.
The Rome Tennis Academy has announced their 2015 Adult Tennis program. This includes pre-paid packages and numerous weekday and weekend drills, including 'Cardio Tennis' and 'Stroke for the Week'.
Lawrence Plantation will begin offering drills for juniors 10 & under on Thursdays from 4:00-5:00pm, beginning March 5. LP has three covered courts, so drills will be held rain or shine.
First drill is free of charge.
18 & under junior drills will continue to be conducted Mondays and Thursdays from 5:00-6:30pm.
Contact Jaleel at 706-506-7506 for more information.
The Georgia chapter of the United State Tennis Association, awarded the Rome Sports Commission, Coosa Valley Tennis Association and David Araiza, the tournament director, the Wheelchair Tournament of the Year Award for the Clocktower Classic in downtown Rome.
This was a huge event for Rome and saw some of the best wheelchair players in the nation. Due to the success of the inaugural tournament, the second is already being planned for August 7-9, 2015, in downtown Rome.
The Coosa Valley Tennis Association is offering a long sleve t-shirt, and zippered hoodie, both perfect for playing in the nippy winter air. Our great looking logo can now be donned by anyone with a few dollars to spare!
Features the CVTA clocktower logo on the front and the Play Tennis Rome logo on the back.
- $15 for t-shirt
- $25 for hoodie
Monday through Thursday
- 5-10 years old: 4:00-5:00pm
- 11 years old and older: 5:00-6:30pm
* Coaches reserve the right to place players in the correct group based on their age and ability level.
- $65 - Monthly unlimited 1 hour classes
- $99 - Monthly unlimited 1.5 hour classes
- $40 - For 4 classes monthly
- $60 - For 6 classes monthly
- $15 - Single class per hour
- $17 - Single class per 1.5 hour
* There is a one-time $25 registration fee for new players (includes a RTA t-shirt)
The Rome Tennis Center offers adult drills during the winter months,through January 31st.
Ladies Open Drills
- Mondays @ 10:00am
- Wednesday @ 6:30pm
- Thursday @ 10:00am
NEW Cardio Tennis
- Mondays @ 6:30pm
- Thursday @ 6:30pm
Private and group lessons
- One hour private lesson is $45.
- 30 minutes private lesson is $25.
- Team clinic is $12.50 per player. Please contact the coaches to set up a time and a date for your team.
Lawrence Plantation is offering junior drills for members and non-members on Monday and Thursdays from 5-6:30pm.
On weekends, they offer a Social Board round robin. Free for members and $5 for non-members. It's a unique opportunity to play a lot of tennis with a wide range of players. The Social Board plays rain or shine since Lawrence Plantation has indoor courts.
Contact Jaleel at 706-506-7506 for more information.
Lawrence Plantation has named Jaleel Riaz as their Tennis Director. Jaleel is well known in Rome for teaching lessons out of Etowah Park. He brings a rich, international tennis pedegree to Lawrence Plantation:
- Four year All American in college
- Coached at Berry College, Shorter University and the University West Georgia
- Former Director of Tennis at Coosa Country Club and Horseleg Creek Country Club
- Coach of Pakistan's Davis Cup team
- Has taught adults and juniors for 40 years
- American Amature in mixed doubles
Jaleel will be announcing upcoming programs in the coming weeks.
Coosa Country Club's Coosa International Tennis Academy has begun accepting students for their fall session which runs from August 11th to November 26.
The cost is $25 for drop-ins or $250/month if paid upfront. The cost for August will be pro-rated.
Sessions run Monday through Thursday from 5:30 to 7pm.