The summer Combo leagues schedules have been posted. They have been improved and now provide not only an overall schedule per flight, but also per team. Go take a look!
- When: Friday, August 8th through Sunday, August 10th.
- Where: Rome Tennis Center
- Cost: $55.33 for one event, $57 for two
- Format: Singles & Doubles (View brochure for additional formats)
- Notes: There are numerous other activities including lunches, dinners and a Rome Braves game.
USTA Junior Team Tennis is returning to Rome!
The CVTA's Junior Coordinator, Cristian Lopez, has been hard at work organizing a summer league for juniors 8 & under and 10 & under.
- Age: 8 & under and 10 & under
- Play will be on Saturdays @ 10am
- Cost: $15
- Registration opens June 14
- Match play begins July 19 and ends August 23
- A USTA Membership is required*
Clubs participating in the league (all these clubs will have an 8 and 10 league):
- Rome Floyd Tennis Center
- Coosa Country Club
- Lawrence Plantation
- Dellinger Park
* While a USTA membship is required, the USTA offers a free one membship to children 10 & under
Players can now join teams for 18 & over and 40 & over Combo.
- 18 & Over
- Plays during the week:
- Tuesday: 7.5
- Thursday: 6.5 & 8.5
- Matches start July 29
- Plays during the week:
- 40 & Over
- Plays on weekends
- Matches start August 2
- Cost: $27
- Captain's meeting at 6pm on July 23rd at the Rome Tennis Center
The Parkinson's Mixer was a big success with tennis players feasting on strawberries and cream, pizza and champagne. Over $500 was raised for Parkinson's. Thank you everyone for coming out and supporting a great cause.
- File size
- Focal length
- F Number
The Rome Tennis Academy is hosting adult drills throughout the summer (June 2-July 31)
Ladies Open Drills
Mondays @ 10am and 6pm
Wednesdays @ 10am
Tuesdays @ 7pm
Wednesdays @ 9am
Private, group and team lessons are also available.
One hour private lesson is $45
30 minutes private lesson is $25
Team clinic is $12.50 per player. Please contact the coaches to set up a time and a date for your team.
Lawrence Plantation is offering free round robin sessions using their unique social board.
Just show up and play on Saturday from 10am-2pm or Sunday from 2pm-4pm. Many of Rome's regular players having been attending these round robins.
Players of all levels from high school and up are welcome. There is no cost and balls are provided.
The USTA has named Cristian Lopez the Junior Coordinator for the CVTA. Cristian has been very active in the Rome tennis scene, offering private and team lessons at the the Rome Tennis Center, helping with tennis camps and is now running the Rome Tennis Circuit's junior tournaments.
Cristian has Roman roots, graduating from Shorter and is also a partner in the Rome Tennis Academy.
Cristian is jump starting junior tennis in Rome and has been in talks with many of the schools and is working on bringing Junior Team Tennis back to Rome.
Please join the CVTA is welcoming Cristian to Rome and we all look forward to the promising future he'll bring to junior tennis.